June 7, 2016

Visual Art Expo 2016

It's been a while since I've blogged about an ACG event. I've attended a few events the past 2 months but didn't manage to take as much pictures that I could compile into a proper blog post. It's always refreshing to attend these events as I get to meet some friends, meet people whom I've talked to online and also checking out the merchandises.


I brought my brother along with me for the first time to these sort of event. Naturally he was really shy and when he saw these Dark Soul illustrations he wanted them but was scared to ask for it. I had to urge him to speak up as he hid behind my shoulder, which made me see a new side in him that was really cute hahahaha! In the end he got 2 prints which he was so happy about and couldn't stop staring at his first 'loot' from a convention. ^^




Got a selfie with Ying Tze~ It's been long since I got to meet her and talk to her. I think we met through our mutual friend, Hermes? I can't really remember but they are both nice to talk to. :D




There was a Macross series figurine display booth at the event which I was really excited to see. I don't collect figurines because I can't really afford them so it was nice to see these. They had so many Sheryl Nome and Ranka figurines in different versions and lots of pilot ships too. By the way, is anyone watching Macross Delta here? ギリギリ愛~




Re: Zero cosplays. My friend has been bugging me to watch but I kept giving the excuse of 'I have too many anime series I'm watching at the moment'.




*I see what you did there*

I'm always shy to say hi to Angie and we only briefly met a few times ^^; I might be the worse person to ever start a conversation.




I met Eclair too whom I got to know during a photoshoot last year with Chelses. It's been a year since, oh how time flies!

The fun part about these conventions are meeting both familiar faces and new people. I got to talk to a cosplayer whom I looked up to for her prop making skills but she wasn't in costume that day, but she was genuinely nice and helpful when I asked her for more tips in getting my costume ready by the end of this year. Also met my friend from primary school which I haven't talked to in forever, but I was rushing home by then so we only briefly talked. :( It was a fun event nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment