June 2, 2016

3ce full cover concealer review

So last month my stick concealer broke and there were only a little remaining, so what's a better excuse than to buy a new concealer, and trying a new brand while I'm at it? Getting a good concealer is really important to me as I don't wear foundation or BB cream for my daily makeup. All I put on are sunscreen, concealer and translucent powder. The previous concealer I've been using was the Innisfree stick concealer in its second shade which was not too bad for its price range. I've already used up 3 of it so I thought it's time to try out something new.


I got the 3ce full cover concealer #002 at Sephora Singapore for $24, which is rather pricey but I guess the shipping and tax are included in its retail price. The concealer claims to be a base and corrector on areas with redness and dark spots.




When I first tried it out I was amazed by its coverage. Considering it is a liquid concealer, I actually felt that it provided better coverage than my stick concealer.


Here's my actual skin condition right now, nothing like the flawless photos you see on Instagram lol. I've been getting lots of breakouts on my face thanks to my imbalance sleeping schedule. Also, I got sinus when I came back home because of my cat's fur so I've been breathing through my mouth for a few days, hence the dry lips. :( I think I am able to give you better makeup review than skincare review hahahahaha




Anyways, here's how I usually do my base makeup. I'd apply a huge area under my dark circles so that it blends evenly with my skin and for minor blemishes I'll apply small dots of concealer. I prefer blending concealers with my fingers as I can work faster before the concealer starts to adhere to my skin.




As for the shade I got, when I swatched it at Sephora it looked perfect but in certain lighting it looked slightly orange toned. It only looked like this on certain parts of my face so as much as I don't want to, I have to apply a thin layer of BB cream to even out my skin tone. I guess full coverage concealer like this works better with a foundation or BB cream. :/




It looks much more even now with BB cream. I went back and touch up some blemishes after applying BB cream before setting it with powder.




Completed the rest of my makeup look for a flower and night light festival that I went with my family in the evening. I tried wearing red eyeliner after watching Mei's berry girl makeup tutorial. I've been watching her videos since she started her channel. ^^




The flower festival was really hot and you can see sweat droplets forming around my nose lol XD My makeup melted a bit here but most of it still stayed on through the night. I've worn the concealer many times already by now and most of the time if I don't sweat it pretty much stays on through the day. In cases where I do sweat, and by that I mean sweating buckets, my makeup still looks decent.



Anyways, here are my overall thoughts. It's my first time splurging on a concealer and I felt that for the price I paid I got a pretty good concealer in terms of coverage, long lasting and crease free formula. The only downside so far has got to be the shade mismatch but I can't comment too much on it since I've not actually tried out the lighter shade they had. Luckily I'm still able to make it work with the BB cream, but if you have any suggestions on concealer please let me know in the comments section. I'm always on the lookout for better concealers. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment