April 25, 2016

Chuunibyou Syndrome

The other day I was chatting with my Japanese friend and she mentioned to me how she finds herself dwelling into the 'Chuunibyou Syndrome' ever since she started studying in Singapore. She mentioned how some people would categorise the love for animation when they were young as 黒歴史(Kuro Rekishi). It can be embarrassing for some to talk about their love for animations they grew up with, and for her she loved Sailor Moon, Digimon, and many works by Clamp.

I've always been really open about my interest so it didn't really came across my mind that it can be sort of a Chuunibyou thing. I mean I grew up with those that she mentioned as well but I've always declared my love for them and it felt normal to me. I guess you can say I'm a Chuunibyou too in that sense? By the way, what we are referring here are not the belief in having supernatural powers but it's more like 'never growing up' (?)

Anime, manga and games have always been regarded as a childish thing and although there are many who are denying how it has been stereotyped, I feel like having these interest enable us to still reminisce the things that we grew up with even as adults. There isn't anyone who is qualified to judge someone else's interest because everyone is different and what they love defines them. And here are some photo collections that I love~

PRETTY BOY/OMOCAT

OMOCAT WINTER LINE

OMOCAT WINTER LINE

《日日.宅》/渡鴉重工/KAMEKO COS

《日日.宅》/渡鴉重工/KAMEKO COS

《日日.宅》/渡鴉重工/KAMEKO COS

《日日.宅》/渡鴉重工/KAMEKO COS

《日日.宅》/渡鴉重工/KAMEKO COS

魔法少女の部屋/Luna發瘋時刻/霜月shimo

魔法少女の部屋/Luna發瘋時刻/霜月shimo

魔法少女の部屋/Luna發瘋時刻/霜月shimo

Links: PRETTY BOY/OMOCAT, OMOCAT WINTER LINE, 《日日.宅》/渡鴉重工/KAMEKO COS, 魔法少女の部屋/Luna發瘋時刻/霜月shimo

No comments:

Post a Comment