September 27, 2015

My taiwanese friend

Last term I had to do street style for my photography assignment. Here's how I interpreted street style, going for a more casual and natural approach with a close friend as my model rather than spotting and snapping fashionistas on the street. It's more comfortable to me to work with close friend or a small group of people. The photos were taken at Tiong Bahru, the hipster district in Singapore where old shop houses are transformed into cafe shops (I have previously blogged about some of the cafes here and here) . It's a popular place for cafe hopping as well as snapping some OOTDs. We both love simple and vintage styles, Uniqlo and Muji are some of our favorite shops in Singapore thus we were able to get the idea of the style easily.

My friend, Cindy, is from Taiwan and we communicate in Mandarin mostly. She's been to Kuala Lumpur and stayed at my place for a week few months ago and I can't wait for the day when I finally visit Taiwan and learn more about the country! I've came across with several Taiwanese in my college so far and most of them are so friendly, down-to-earth and has a unique perspective towards things which I hope to be able to learn from.




It was so fun doing the photoshoot with Cindy that I almost forgot that it was actually a school assignment. We just kept trying things out and laughing at the outcome of some NG shots and later had a great time catching up with each other at one of the cafe nearby. It's funny how we only briefly met during the college orientation last year yet ended up being good friends despite never been in the same class and are both studying very different courses from one another right now.

I could've blogged about this sooner but two weeks ago I was rushing my submissions then last week I went back to KL for a short and rushed holiday with my family. I have stuff I want to blog about but I don't know when I will have the time to do it, hopefully soon or I'll end up dropping the idea again and again. Term 2 starts tomorrow with a presentation first thing in the morning, as if it's saying 'Welcome back to the busy life, you've had enough of a few days break'.

No comments:

Post a Comment