July 12, 2015

Summer 2015 anime

Most spring anime are over now, with only a few leftovers like Denpa Kyoushi, Shokugeki no Soma and World Trigger (In fact World Trigger was from Winter 2014 lol). Summer anime has just began airing and I'm pretty excited with the new titles this season! There are a few that already got me hooked after watching its first episode so hopefully this list of mine will get you introduced to some new anime :D

God Eater | ゴッドイーター


God Eater is a game turned anime. I've never played the game personally, but I heard good reviews on it and my friends are fans of it. I haven't start watching it but I have pretty high expectations for its graphic and visual art. But of course, a good storyboard will be even better so I shall see about that hehe~



Gakkou Gurashi | がっこうぐらし


This anime looks like a typical cutesy genre but you can't always judge a book by its cover. It started airing a little later than other anime this season so I've only watched episode 1 so far but at the end of the episode it turns out the setting of the story is in a zombie apocalypse while these girls survived and stays at their school for refuge. The main character, Yuki, seems to be in a delusional world where she still thinks that the world is still peaceful. The starting of the episode is already interesting so far and I hope it'll turn out well ^^



Classroom Crisis | クラスルームクライシス


Perhaps summer anime revolves around school life, but here's another school life anime added to my list. (There are still a few more anime on school life on my list below) This anime reminds me of Ansatsu Kyoushitsu where these students are not your everyday-ordinary-students. They are highly intellectual and gifted, however, their class is being shut down due to their overspending on resources and funds on their projects.



Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri | ゲート 自衛隊 彼の地にて、斯く戦えり


Gate is an anime about an otaku who works in the self-defense army because he only wants to earn money for his hobby. One day, a mysterious gate appears and a whole army from a different dimension invaded the city and caused deaths and destruction. As part of the self-defense army, Yoji was sent to the other dimension to investigate the foreign world and the story revolves around the adventures he experience in this fantasy world.



Gangsta.

Gangsta. has got to be one of my favourite this season for its unique style and storyboard. As the title says, this anime is about the backstreet alleys and gangs of the area. Worick and Nicolas are the main characters here along with a prostitute whom they saved named Alex. The series started off really great and after watching episode 2 it's definitely on my list this season. :D I really recommend this anime because it's so good, but it might not be as suitable for younger age as it involves violence and vulgar. ^^;



Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace | 乱歩奇譚 Game of Laplace


Ranpo Kitan started off really cool with its mysterious, horror and gore, which is the type of anime that gets me hooked. It's weird when I tell people I enjoy this type of anime, but all these anime like High School of the Dead, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Shiki, Another and many more are just so freaking cool! And I love to watch them at night because it adds on to the mood hehe :P The first episode was pretty good except the main character which was supposed to be a guy, resembles and sounds so much like a girl that it gets really confusing sometimes when you forget that she is supposed to be a he. I mean Nagisa from Ansatsu Kyoushitsu was a little similar but at least his voice and movements were still a little more boyish and I was comfortable with his character. But over here it's a little too much for me plus in episode 2 the mystery solving part wasn't as convincing to me. I'm thinking of giving it 1 more episode before I decide if I'll continue watching this series.



Prison School|監獄学園


When the trailer for Prison School came out I was so so so excited, because I read the manga updates regularly and this series is just so good! It gets a little pervy, with 5 guys in a previously all-girls school but the characters are so funny that makes it not just an ecchi manga but a comedic one. Just watched episode 1 yesterday and it was hilarious! Although they shorten some scenes but the story was still great and it's cool to finally see the characters animated and being voiced. I'm not sure where they plan to animate the manga till, but I wanna see Kiyoshi x Hana scenes and their bottle scene lol! XD



So far I've been spending my 3 months holiday watching anime, playing League of Legends and drawing. My holiday is coming to an end soon but I hope I'll still have time to satisfy my anime cravings when school starts. It gets lonely a lot of times when I'm working on my projects late night so it's nice to just watch anime and get my projects done at the same time to distract myself from the loneliness... I'm so sad that I'm going back to Singapore in less than 20 days! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment