March 1, 2015

The Cat Cafe, Bugis

Things I miss the most back home are my family and friends, food, my new house and my cats. Well, I do call my cats my family but I miss how cats would run around the house, occasionally peeking at you from the side of the door and best of all is when they allow you to rub their bellies to your heart's content. :3

I guess cat cafes exist for these reasons, people who miss their cats or people who wants to have a cat at home but can't. I didn't really visit cat cafes back in Malaysia but now that I'm in Singapore I tend to miss my cats a lot and these cafes mend my heart a little. Just a little, since they aren't actually my cats and I can't hug or carry them as I like :(

Cat cafes aren't exactly cheap too. In Singapore the general price is $13-$15 inclusive of a drink (which you can top up to change for other drinks as well) and they usually implement a time limit for your visit. The Cat Cafe at Bugis though, does not have a time limit so my friend suggested we chill there after our submission was done for the day. The cafe was spacious and having no time limit means we get to sit there all day long while waiting for the cats to wake up from their slumber. I've heard many cases where people visit cat cafes when the cats are all asleep and the cafe staff would not let you disturb them when they sleep meaning you've practically wasted your money and time being there. :( As for me and my friend, we were in the cafe for around 3 hours until our nose couldn't take the fur flying around the space that we had to take our leave. *sniffs*




Looking at cats chilling and sleeping makes you want to join them too...

Honestly, I haven't been taking as much photographs as I thought I would after I came here in Singapore. College had been so busy and my mind was filled with the thought of it all day long. I still love photography and I do wish that I have more time to do so. For me, I prefer to stay behind the lens instead of being the subject of the photo. Not that I dislike being in the spotlight, I just felt that it's more comfortable to stay behind the scenes. :)

4 comments:

  1. Awwww soooo so cuteeee! I love going to cat cafes here and most of the time I tag along my friends so they can pay for the foods and drinks and I get to play with the fur ball! <3 The one in your photos totally gets my heart flustered ;___;

    BLOG | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Singapore they count by per person per entry, so even if you're not there for food and drinks you still have to pay to play with the cats :(

      Delete
  2. This cat is soooo cute! I didn't know they had cat cafés in Singapore! It seems to be popular in Asia.. we don't have this in France, except for one in Paris..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This cat was the only one that let me pet it and stroke its chin. The other cats all move away really quick ^^; It's getting popular in Asia, as far as I know there are 4 cat cafes in Singapore and I know there are some in Malaysia too but I've never visited them.

      Delete