December 24, 2014

Forest Green


I took a leap of faith and dyed my hair forest green. I've never tried crazy colours before so here's a first. Pink, purple, blue, pastel or grey hair had their fair share of being the style in trend. I wanted something different but usually I deliberate for a long time before I do something new to my hair, and by that time usually the colour I wanted to try has become overrated and I drop my plan. Green hair is something different and daring and just like other colours, various shades of green has a different vibe they carry. I've always loved the cool green so I picked forest green, it's close to teal but it's not, it's slightly different so please don't mistake me for Hatsune Miku. (Though I love her lol)

The photo was taken at a window but the actual colour is darker in real. I've had a bright bleached yellow hair for many moons so now I want to jump to the other end of the scale and opted for a dark forest green. In fact, only the previously bleached parts has obvious green while the top of my head is very close to black.

Friends who know me might notice that my wardrobe consist of other than black and white, are mostly the primary colours, red, blue and yellow (for accessories). Green is a complementary colour to red which means when they are matched together well, they'll equally stand out. Green is also a mixture of blue and yellow which means that they are harmonious colours which goes well together. I'm one nerdy art student.

For now I'm still having so much fun with my new hair and I feel like I'm some sort of anime character. Just hope that it won't fade away too quickly! *fingers crossed*

23 comments:

  1. Ohh, I really like this colour! Is it difficult to take care of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I'm not really sure as I haven't wash my hair yet so far (gotta leave it for 2 days before I can wash it) but I did sweat a little when I slept and it made tiny green stains on my pillow case D:

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy that you like it too ^^

      Delete
  3. almost a new year so it's the perfect time for change! i think if it faded to this color, it would be beautiful as well ^_^ thanks for the little art lesson too heh
    http://clothespinshanging.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stylists were asking me why I wanted green, perhaps they wanted me to answer 'Because it's Christmas soon!' :P I'm still in Malaysia now as it's my sem break and I only get my hair done when I'm back in Malaysia as prices in Singapore are just too expensive.

      I do hope that it'll fade into this haha! I was told that it'll fade lighter and perhaps close to blonde again :X

      Delete
  4. Your new hair color is beautiful! Having Miku hair would be fun too, but I like the hair color you chose :D
    http://love-celestial.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This color is really pretty and suits you!
    I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy to hear that! :D

      Delete
  6. such a beautiful shade!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to keep it from fading too fast lol!

      Delete
  7. The first thing i thought, since the top of your hair is brown and the bottom is green, it's like an upside down tree! It looks really good and suits you well ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never thought of that! That's funny and I like it too XD Thank you for your compliment~

      Delete
  8. very nice post. I love your hair! I wish I had the courage to do so :)
    what formula did you use to color?
    great blog, very inspiring
    lets follow eachother! just let me know and I will follow back :)

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I got my hair done at 76 Style saloon, it's quite famous here in Malaysia :)

      Delete
  9. The colour looks very nice on you ^^ i wanted to try on purple ..someday haha Did you go to Comic Fiesta this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I went! The post will be up a little late, as I'm moving house and I don't have WiFi at the moment....

      Delete