November 30, 2014

Socks Obsession 2.0

Earlier this year I started with this socks obsession and I haven't stopped collecting socks ever since. Even my friends around me knows how crazy I am with them and there will be at least one coordinate throughout the week with socks. My storage box overflowed so I went to get more storage from Ikea last week but honestly I felt that I still need more. You know how girls have lots of lipsticks and lipglosses which they claim are of different shades? It's the same case for me with these socks.


Most of my purchases are from Taobao, which is a china website that works similarly as Ebay. The prices are much cheaper compared to usual price range for socks in Singapore. You still have to pay for shipping fees but it is more worthy to buy in bulk or along with other items. Personally I prefer to buy from Taobao myself as I can monitor and exchange conversation with the seller regarding my purchases, which makes it more convenient when it comes to cases where you need a refund. It can be a little more pricy this way so alternatively you can opt for an agent.

The yellow socks are so vibrant and cute, which is perfect for adding a pop of colour to a coordinate. To me, having white sporty socks is a basic as they match with lots of outfit! There are a variety of them in different length, number of stripes and colour of stripes but any one can be a basic start off. My friend got me the pomegranate colour with cats one from Korea and I absolutely love it! It's a very unique colour and there are cat motifs on them! Anything with cute cats on them wins my heart.




The rest of my collection are generally pastel mesh socks. Got them from Taobao too and surprisingly their quality are much better than my previous haul. Some of the mesh socks I had had holes in them already and sadly I had to throw them away. It's hardly obvious in these pictures, but those three from the right are of the same motifs in different colours, white, lavender and black. The lace details are so beautiful and delicate! The one on the far left is a baby blue one with vertical stripes. I wish I got more of it in other colours!

I figured that since it's cold in some countries, this post came at the right time? Well, not that I care if it's warm or cold since I wear them regardless of the temperature.

On a side note, it's down to one week before I go home! My friends are already back in their countries and here I am impatiently waiting for the weekend which AFA happens so I can go home the next day. I haven't got much planned this week except for a cafe hopping session. Any Singaporean readers out there with something interesting that you know I should check out?

6 comments:

  1. Looooove the ones in the second photo!! I want to buy cute socks too, but buying from Taobao is a bit hard here since we have to ask a shopping service person to do it for us.. and the local Taobao person isn't that easy to talk to (I emailed them like a couple of weeks ago and they still haven't replied lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish Taobao is more accessible to people from other countries too! I know a lot of people who don't understand chinese thus unable to buy them... It's quite sad because there are so many things you can find there :(

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE cute socks as well~~ :D :D :D I have a couple from korea and some people just don't understand the need for cute characters or designs on socks. I wish I could shop on Taobao as well. >.< They have such cute clothing there but it takes so many steps to order things on the site as well as paying for shipping. But thanks for the post!

    Love, Aimee
    My Blog | New Blog Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I can help but it's not easy given the language barrier... :( I hope you'll be able to find some way to buy from there!

      Delete
  3. OMG you are going for AFA too??!! XD I'm also going for AFA, but I'm only going on day 2. Honestly, Singapore doesn't have much interesting things to explore........ That's my opinion, perhaps it's because I have lived here for quite a number of years, so I'm no longer that fascinated by Singapore... :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you want to meet at AFA? I'm cosplaying on day 2 (^^)
      That's sad to hear because I've only been here for 4 months and I still want to explore more...

      Delete