November 28, 2014

Chye Seng Huat Hardware

Even I am amazed by myself at how my weight still stays the same despite having so much good food lately. My instagram has been filled with mostly food pictures that I wonder if I am still a beauty and lifestyle blogger or a food blogger. Or maybe just a glutton. What say you?

After going for a gorgeous dinner by the river the night before, I went for nice brunch the next morning. My friends would probably know how much I fancy cafe or restaurants which are isolated as it never fails to make me feel as if I've discovered a hidden gem. Back in Malaysia I know of a hidden Starbucks outlet which I visit almost every Sunday after church and the ambiance of this place I went for brunch largely reminds me of it. The exterior of Chye Seng Huat Hardware is of an ordinary hardware shop yet once you entered through the side door you'll discover that the interior is in fact a cafe with an art craft shop on the second floor.


The cafe has an outer area for smokers too but my friends and I decided to shy away from the sun and relax in the cool air conditioned interior.



The cafe serves coffee (obviously), pastries, cakes and all day brunch. The daily brewed coffee comes at $3 which was pretty cheap if you need a quick morning coffee fix and of course you can also opt for other coffee choices or juices.




We watched the barista prepare a freshly brewed cup of coffee for other customers who got their own coffee beans from the shop and my, coffee making was such an art! The way he watched the temperature to make sure they are measured to ideal and the many steps took to ensure the coffee experience was to perfection was truly impressive. Specially brewed coffee is nothing like the instant 3-in-1 coffee.




Brunch were served and I got myself the Italian Breakfast at $12. The portion and quality was good for the price paid. Personally I believe that great food deems a great start of the day. With my usual busy college schedule I hardly had any good breakfast for the past 4 months so having a nice brunch makes me really grateful for the time I finally have to enjoy such treats.

Chye Seng Huat Hardware is a definite must to check out if you're into hidden cafe spots like me. It's located just a 10 minutes walk from Lavender Mrt at 150 Tyrwhitt Road, Singapore 207563. There are lots of other cafe along the way too so it's a nice area if you're into cafe hopping!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I've heard of this cafe before and I find the decor really interesting! Definitely a place to check out when I'm there. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm planning to check out the cafes nearby too! :D

      Delete
  2. I know I know I also love to have good food xD , anyway I'll consider this place next time I go to Singapore XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Cominica! I'm so surprised to see your comment! Thanks for stopping by! :D How I wish I can meet you when you're here!

      Delete