November 9, 2014

19th Birthday Celebration




Unlike the past years where I would blog about my birthday right on the day itself, this year I've gotten so busy to the point where my birthday post is delayed over a week. That means I've gotten more productive too, haha!

Honestly I wasn't as excited to celebrate my own birthday even though I would tell others '19th birthday only comes once, have fun!'. Each year I'd spend my birthday going for a nice dinner with my family. Times like this are probably the hardest to go through during your first year studying abroad. You'll really miss home...

Anyways, I didn't want to ruin the day after all so seeing that it's Halloween on the same day, and many people are dressing up at school (in fact the dressing up thing has been going on throughout the week!), I went in a cosplay even though I said I wouldn't cosplay anymore. My costume choice was Chihiro from Spirited Away because who doesn't love Spirited Away?! If you haven't watch it you're totally missing out! Anyways, I got called cute and some people couldn't recognize me with dark hair colour, hahaha! It was fun being a 10 years old on my birthday :P (I might also plan for a photoshoot :3)

Later the day I went to a cat cafe with a senior and since we both love cats I was happy that I got to share my cat obsession with her. Good things need to be shared, haha! Cat vitamin never fails to boost up my mood and I saw this cat cafe few months back and have been itching to visit it. Cat cafe has got to be my favourite cafe ever! *internal screams* Meomi Cat Cafe, the one we visited, is a little different from other cat cafes on this island. Their cats are not adopted but were bought instead. Thus instead of local breeds, we got to play around with different cat breeds which was really fun because I've never seen a scottish fold and maine coon in real and I fell in love with them. We both made it a point to visit more cat cafe during our semester break so you'll probably see another post dedicated to it.

However the highlight of my birthday this year was actually celebrating it with my newly made friends! I only know them for a few months and already they are surprising me and celebrating my birthday. I really felt warmth in my heart. All the gifts and cards they gave me were spot on, haha! Can't believe they know me even to the point where they know what blush shade I'm missing lol! As I read through their card messages when I got home, I didn't know why but tears suddenly started rolling down. Perhaps I have become more sensitive towards these feelings ever since I got here...

I just want to say a big fat thank you to all my friends here in Singapore. Whether they are from other countries or from other schools, everything they've done so far has been wonderful to me. Thank you for making me feel special even though I really wanted to just dress up and visit a cat cafe and call it a day. I hope we'll spend the coming years together through out freshly bonded friendship! :D

6 comments:

  1. happy belated birthday :D

    torichux3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bday~!!!! ^^ omg the cats are so cuuuuute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eunmi! :D Yes they are and I want to play with them again!!! >w<

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday!!!!! Glad that you have very close friends that even surprised u on your birthday :D That's a really rare sight considering the fact that all of u were only together for a few months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! :D I'm really grateful, truly, to know all these people on this foreign land, haha!

      Delete