October 6, 2014

Orchard Shopping




Everytime I am able to update my blog, I feel so grateful, truly, that I have some time to do something else other than homework. I wish I have 48 hours per day! Back when I went through the interview to enter Lasalle I clearly remember being questioned, 'Are you prepared to spend 24/7 on art?' Now I have understood what they meant after 2 months of school.

Every 7 weeks we get our well deserved holiday, except that this time it isn't really a break as they would call it 'Project Week' where we complete any backlogs during this week. No attendance for the week so of course I choose to go home! My week in KL will be the upcoming post but for now, here's the day before I return home.

I think I've said this before but one good thing about studying abroad is the new faces you meet in a new environment, and the best part is that you're not the only 'tourist' as there are friends from other parts of the world too! Meet Cindy from Taiwan, we met during orientation and instantly clicked. We're now in different class but I'm glad to be able to still keep cheering for each other while stressing over our never-ending homework. Anyways, that day we went out to 'celebrate' the first day of our first ever college break. Having a nice good meal, buying some desserts and enjoying window shopping feels really great when you're doing that with a friend. Of course, all conversation were in Chinese and I don't know why, perhaps it's a Malaysian thing that whenever we hear a different accent we try to imitate it. Which was embarrassing to hear my voice on record. Which was why I edited them out. :P

Just before I end, I'd just like to say Thank You to everyone who's excited about my birthday with the arrival of October! :P #HalloweenBaby

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know it's already your birthday month! Wishing you a good month and a good birthday. :)

    Life With Antlers // A Personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's natural that you don't know lol (^^;) But thank you for the wishes! <3

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday and hopefully you get to celebrate it instead of doing homework on your birthday! ^~^ now that you said about the Malaysian thing,I just realized that I often imitate the accent of person I'm speaking without realizing it. :O perhaps it really is a Malaysian thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My birthday's not till the end of this month! But thank you! :D It's a Friday so I'm pretty I'm gonna go TGIF and enjoy the day!
      I love being Malaysian, all the funny things which are unique to us!

      Delete