September 7, 2014

STGCC 2014

Today has got to be one of the most memorable events I've accounted since I arrived in Singapore. A few weeks ago I ranted on my personal Facebook saying 'I need an otaku friend' as I don't know anyone who's as crazy about these Japanese cultures as I do. STGCC happened for 2 days but my busy schedule only allowed me to visit it on one of the days. That's still good, I can still go, haha! Though, I was so busy with my homework that I ended up making my way down to Marina Bay Sands around 4pm. I didn't enter the event hall this time, just hanging around the cosplayers area was already lots of fun!


The lighting inside the cosplayers hall was pretty bad to be honest, and none of those shots turned out satisfactory. But I was glad that I got some really nice shots outside the hall. I tend to work with natural lightning more so it was more comfortable to shoot outside. Plus I don't have any fancy gears like reflective boards with me... Anyways, Singaporean cosplayers are really good! I love most of their makeup, costumes and wig stylings. It was rather lonely at first to just go to the event all alone but I met a friend from Malaysia and Kaika from thecosplaychornicles! I didn't stay long though, only for an hour or two before making my way back home to continue on my homework, though not really as I ended up updating my blog instead. Happy things are meant to be shared!

This was a mini coverage on the event and I actually filmed a little bit of footage so it wasn't enough to be compiled into a full length coverage video. But I might slot it into a vlog! I'm planning to vlog, yeah! :D As for now, you can enjoy a snippet of me at the event in my Instavid. (@HanieKuar)


6 comments:

  1. I've heard a bit about STGCC but I agree with you that the cosplays look really nice! I'm also envious that you got to meet Kaika from The Cosplay Chronicles! :P Thank you for sharing your pics of the event and I'm looking forward to your future vlogs~

    Snow Queen Secrets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time attending so I wasn't putting high hopes but I'm glad it surprised me! :D Kaika is nice too in person (^^) I'm trying to compile more of them right now and sit down to edit them soon~

      Delete
  2. omg all the cosplayers look so nice!!!
    The sailor moon cosplayers outfits look really good~
    btw, I'd like to invite you to my giveaway where you could win $90 worth of korean cosmetics!
    http://charrmyn.blogspot.com/2014/09/winter-blush-x-charrmyn-giveaway_9.html
    Hope you'll check it out & join~
    xx Charmaine

    Charrmyn || Kara Youngji Day&Night Makeup Tutorial || Korean Cosmetics Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sailormoon never fails to impress! :D
      Thanks for the invitation, I'll check it out! (^^)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, where are you from Hanie?

    ReplyDelete