September 21, 2014

Singapore Art Museum


Art is not just about sitting within four walls and churning out 'fresh' ideas. Two weeks ago we went to the Singapore Art Museum as part of our Contemporary and Contextual Studies. Ideally we were supposed to gather information of the artworks but we couldn't keep ourselves from having fun, after all how often do you ever get outside for class? Back in Malaysia I hardly ever visit a gallery so it was something I was looking forward to. The showcase of interactive artworks were awesomely fun, it made me went around the museum like a little kid! There were also lots of awesome artworks with so much deep meanings behind them which we will not be able to decipher without the help of the caption text, haha!

I have not officially introduced my classmates so here's Sun from Korea! She was the first classmate I got to know and we were stuck together along with two other friends since. It's really fun studying amongst other international students because it's like going on a student exchange program at the same time, you get to share about your country and knowing more of other countries. Such like it widens your perspective from Korea being solely Kpop fused to more of how a great country it is. Art college can be stressful as well with all the submission of time and energy consuming projects but since we are still able to fool around like this I guess we're doing great then, haha! I think it's the first time I've ever got captured on camera with such a smile and I really love the picture despite how silly I look in it. It reminds me of how happy I can be and it's perfectly okay to laugh out loud!

On a side note, I just got back to Malaysia today and I will be here for a week! It's term break but I'll still be juggling between my homework and spending time with my family and friends. And allocating time to blog and vlog as well! I've got so much stories to share!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE how clean and minimalistic your site is, Hanie! don't ever change the layout. lol!! your header is SO LOVE. i nak tiru. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'm really happy to hear that (^^) Right now I'm more into having a simple layout so that I can remind myself to put more effort into my post to make the whole thing look really interesting! My header is really really simple, I'm sure you can come up with something special too! (^^)

      Delete
  2. Just bumped in your blog and let me just say that I love how simple and personal it looks. Glad you had fun at the museum!

    Life With Antlers // A Personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Krista! The layout was designed by yours truly ;)

      Delete