August 5, 2014

Say hello to my animal friends

I must be the luckiest person whereby my whole family (minus the cats) visited me 2 weeks after I came to Singapore for my studies. It was a rather haste decision in booking the bus tickets because my mom told me to do so as she saw me sobbing over Skype....which I had gotten over with the very next day itself. Ohhh well..... :/ Thus it came upon as more of a vacation for my family in Singapore and we decided to visit the Singapore Zoo since we had not visited a zoo in years. Back in Malaysia you can hardly see any animals in their compound so we gave up on visiting the zoo... :(


First thing in the morning we saw ducks wiggling their butts at us as we ogled at how cute they are. I think we were the silly ones who were more amazed at the ducks rather than the fishes swimming around in the River Safari aquariums.




Then it was fishes upon fishes upon fishes showing their default grumpy faces as they swam about in the cold water while we sweated like pigs watching them.




Complementary photo with a panda! While I was oozing with happiness and got really shy to take a picture with it, it decided to just roll on its back and chill. That's how it's supposed to be though, just chill and take a pic. Thanks panda for the tip ;) Though honestly I did prefer the red panda over the 'normal' panda. Probably because it was red. Probably because it was about the size of my cats. Probably because it was just moving back and forth like what my cats do. Probably because it just reminded me of my cats. My mind is just fulled of cats, I'm sorry you had to read that from a cat maniac. LOL




The rest of the day was spent at the Singapore Zoo itself. I hardly took any pictures as our energy had depleted and our legs were just killing us with each step we took and we had to sit down so many times. We didn't even get to finish touring the whole zoo as it was beyond our capabilities that day. Seeing some of the animals up close was really amazing. It's as if there wasn't any barrier in between and I felt so close to them. I am still in wonders of how amazing the existence of these creatures are.

Lately, every little bit of things makes me think of how lucky I am and I never fail to be even more grateful for each and every day. I guess it's something I didn't realize back when I was living in comfort with my family and all, but now that I am away from my comfort zone, I tend to discover more things and realize the tiny details of life which makes it so wonderful. Have a great day ahead. :)

4 comments:

  1. dem pandas are so cute~! both the normal (LOL) regular one or the red one~ meep~ LOVELY! and yes yes yes, the red panda does indeed reminds me of cats, and yes yes I can totally relate to you being a cat lover myself ayyyy~~~ and everything seems wonderful, my favorite of course is the laid back panda, lol... seems like he has all the time in the world to just laze around and enjoy the day, lololol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my fellow cat maniac hahaha! Although pandas are not cats but what they do reminds me so much of cats, ahh they're just so cute~~

      Delete
  2. OMG i so love this post!!! animals are the best. seeing your bangs makes me miss mine! i'mma get em again next year <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D There's no reason not to love animals!

      Delete