July 27, 2014

Give it your A game


Life in Singapore has been pretty fine lately, prolly because that wound in my heart is healing day by day. I've received so many comments and advices and truly, those which came from people who had been there or are being there are the most heartfelt ones. There is no way the simple 'Good Luck!' or 'All the best!' or 'It's a good place to study!' can treat a homesick person because what we need is beyond things that we already know. (Or else why would we choose to study abroad at that specific country?!) Let me tell you this: You will never know the journey others has been through until you've stepped in their shoes.

One thing I do find which really helped me in overcoming this homesick thing was finding back my old self. I asked myself, why am I crying like a baby? Where has my old self gone to? Have I even lost myself from this change? While constantly questioning myself the same questions, I slowly got a grip of my old self and stood up stronger. Before I move forward, I needed to know who I am once again. With that said, it doesn't mean that everything is fine yet. Sometimes I still notice as if I do not belong anywhere especially when it comes to meeting new friends. More than often they will gather in groups and you feel like you're being left out. There is nothing you can really do about it except to be patient and slowly find your own clique of friends in this new place. Meanwhile, I find that it's best to just explore the country, discover the new things and have some solo fun, hehe...




Photo credits: Caroline Goh

One Piece - H&M // Socks - Gift // Shoes - Bugis Street // Bag - Bugis Street // Necklace - Bangkok

Many thanks to Caroline, my senior whom has help me shoot these awesome pictures which I could use to update my blog ;) It was nice knowing you and you're a wonderful friend in Christ. :)

5 comments:

  1. Nice outfit!

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so pretty. :) And I understand your homesickness a lot. When I went to college, I literally felt so lost. But after awhile, I learned to adapt to my new surroundings and eventually college is now my second home to me. ^_^ I hope you find your old self once again~ <3

    Love, Aimee
    My Blog | Please Join my Blogiversary International Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aimee, it's great to hear from someone who has been there too. I'm trying my best to adapt, though it's not easy but I'm just going with the flow for now :)

      Delete
  3. Although I haven't been abroad before I am hoping to go to Singapore soon too! I can't give the best advice but try and embrace your independence and explore your surroundings. We're young and these opportunities are almost once in a lifetime. Try and enjoy yourself and the company of new people. Be brave and accept yourself and those around you will follow along as well.
    Have fun!

    Regards,

    Miss Eliza WonDerland
    www.misselizawonderland.com

    ReplyDelete