May 17, 2014

{Review} Geo Xtra 3 Tone WT-B74 Brown

There isn't anything quite like heavy cat eyes makeup and light coloured iris. The combination is just so sexy and has that attraction which pulls you in. You want to focus the attention on your eyes; after all, eyes are the window to your soul. That said, I've always been searching for lenses which brings out that effect but often they don't work as well on my deep brown eyes.

This month LoveShoppingholics.com decided to sponsor me again with another pair of lenses so I chose Geo Xtra 3 Tone WT-B74 Brown. Usually I'd go for grey, but I wanted a little change from my usual pick and went for brown instead. The pictures on the website displayed great contrast of the pupil and the iris so I thought I'd try them out and see how they fair on my eyes.



geoxtralveshpgline

geoxtralveshpg01

geoxtralveshpg02

geoxtralveshpg03

Origin: Korea
Diameter : 15.0mm
Water Content : 38%
Base Curve : 8.7mm
Life Span : 1 year disposal





geoxtralveshpgline

geoxtralveshpg04

geoxtralveshpg05

geoxtralveshpg06

Similar to other Geo lenses, this pair of lenses were pretty soft and was really comfortable in my on my eyes. Design wise, these had a limbal ring but it isn't that solid to give you dolly eyes. I really love the fine blend of colours and as regards to the colour, it does not appear to be much of brown but instead of hazel tone, giving you a soft gold hint in the eyes. When it comes down to enlargement, I've got to say that 15mm was really off my comfort zone as I'm used to 14.5mm which I take it as the right size for my eyes. Without eye makeup, it made my eyes looked googly and alienish but if you're keen in iris enlargement I'd recommend you to try out 15mm ones.

I took this set of photos indoor, with a steady LED light. Colour and vibrancy of the lenses may differ in different situations but in my opinion, being indoors without bright light make these lenses appear to be much duller and you won't get a strong contrast of your iris and pupil. I'd say these pair fared 5 out of 10 in my quest to search for that right pair of lenses for the sexy alluring cat eye look. Still, they're worth a try! :D



geoxtralveshpgline

geoxtralveshpg07

I'm really happy to be collaborating with LoveShoppingholics.com again for this month's lens review post. Truth be told, they actually sent me 2 pairs of lenses so you can expect another lens review to be up by this month! I'm really grateful for the lens sponsor as I get to try out new lenses plus including my existing lenses, I must say that I have more pairs than I have needed. Nowadays circle lenses are a big trend and they complete your makeup look thus it's no wonder how people are always switching between lenses for different occasions!

Speaking of which, I can't help but to notice how fast my hair grows! It's barely 2 months since I bleached it and my roots have already grown out so long before I can even save up enough for touch ups. They say blonde hair needs a lot of commitment and maintenance and now I fully understand why. I'm not sure if I should keep it blonde, go lighter or do an ombre for my next visit to the hairstylist. I'll be starting my college in Singapore from August onwards and it's not till 4 months later only I'll come back to Malaysia to get my hair colour touch up. Prices in Singapore are just way too expensive and I've got to say that I'm afraid of letting unfamiliar stylists to bleach my hair because bleaching is irreversible and requires lots of technique to get it right.

16 comments:

  1. I love how the lenses matches your hair colour! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have good techniques on taking great photos. 😄 Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caydence :D It's all about trial and error but I've got lots more to learn!

      Delete

    2. The background was really helpful to contrast out the main thing and the matchings were pretty great :D

      Delete
    3. Plain backgrounds help to achieve that easily! :D I wore a white shirt on purpose to give a stronger contrast, hehe!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. That's the effect the lenses brought on! XD

      Delete
  4. They are really beautiful and stand out, but still not natural enough for me D: And how do you take these gorgeous pictures *O* I really love them!

    Neko Bunny U=・ x ・=U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gradient is not as smooth and I guess the black ring hinder that natural looking effect too...
      I took these with my usual LED desk lamp setup lol XD I always shoot in RAW so I can edit the contrast easily (^^)

      Delete
  5. the contact lenses look so natural yet dolly on you! Love the result. Makes me wanna try this as well :D

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! If you like them, you should try them out~ :D

      Delete
  6. Wow, awesome look, those lenses are amazing! I also love how you did your lips, perfect!

    Feel free to visit my blog, new post: Color me RED

    Roxx~

    ReplyDelete
  7. these lenses look lovely! thinking of trying a hazel green :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh! I think hazel green will look great! Do you have any recommendations?

      Delete