May 13, 2014

Orihara Izaya Photoshoot

The last time I've done a cosplay photoshoot was back in December at Comic Fiesta. I only got my camera for 2 months back then and only after 4 months I'm finally doing another cosplay photoshoot. The cosplayer was obviously my friend, Ky Li, whom had let me use her a my guinea pig to practice on cosplay shoots. :3 I sincerely felt much at ease shooting my friends than others whom I'm not familiar with, because fiddling with your camera and requesting shots after shots isn't really nice towards people you just met.

She did a Orihara Izaya genderbend cosplay from Durarara! so the setting of the abandoned mall at C2age was perfect for this photoshoot. I tend to prefer cosplay photographs with a suitable setting to represent the story of anime itself rather than just pretty shots. The place didn't have good lightning so it was really hard to capture these shots. With my limited camera equipment, I tried my best to edit them and to clear up the noise as much as possible while retaining the sharpness of the image. I used my Sony NEX-5R paired with SEL1650 lens as usual.



izayaftkyli
izayaftkyli02
izayaftkyli03
izayaftkyli04
izayaftkyli05

For this photoshoot I had Angel's help in trying to get some poses for Ky Li which would suit her character and look nice in images. She also helped me a lot in filtering the shots (^^) Sadly I didn't get to shoot Angel's Amy cosplay from Suisei no Gargantia as we couldn't find a suitable setting around the area so we might go for another photoshoot next time (^^) I've really got to thank my friends Ky Li and Angel for making these shots possible! I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome so far compared to back then. I love the high angle shots at the escalator especially since I don't always get to do high angle shots on a flat ground as I'm rather short compared to the models.....

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That's some pretty awesome cosplay, and your photos are really good! :) Keep it up~ ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All thanks to my friends who were willing to cooperate with me! (^^)

      Delete
  2. weee hehehe! this worth a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! :D Let's go for photoshoot together next time! For your Amy cosplay~ ;)

      Delete
  3. I am so impressed @_@. Your friend is really good at posing and you are VERY good at taking pictures, the angles timing and everything. To a newbie like me this seems super duper awesome! Please make more >___<

    Neko Bunny U=・ x ・=U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear~ :D It wasn't just one person's part, we had to all work together to get the nice shots (^^) I still have lots more to learn but I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete