March 30, 2014

Socks Obsession

I usually refrain myself from buying too much whenever I visit Singapore, but I went on a splurge this time round. I don't exactly know what has gotten into me that made me bring back 7 pairs of socks from Singapore. The pair of shoes which I over-wear are the faux brown leather ones I brought back from my Bangkok trip last November, and being leather shoes they are versatile with most looks and I love matching them with nice socks as well. That said, I only owned 3 pairs of socks previously which were from H&M but they don't have any designs around the hems so once worn with those shoes, the designs were unseen until I remove my shoes. (Which hardly ever happen when I'm out) And that beats the purpose of having cute socks if you can't see their designs. :(



Anyways, I just got back from Singapore last night after 7 hours of bus ride (Thanks to being stuck at customs for an hour and the terrible jam. I don't get why there're so many tourist around this time of the year :/) so instead of sorting and editing the pictures of my Singapore trip, I decided to show you some of what I've bought. I did shopping mainly for socks, skin care, socks and some clothes so with socks being the highlight of my purchase I'll be showing them first, heehee~




A complimentary shot of my face can't be missed. I felt like my skin got better in Singapore. Maybe it's the food? Environment? Or maybe it's because I had so much fun there? ;) More on my Singapore trip when I got the pictures sorted out~




Ta-daa! 7 pairs of socks in total. Well, to be exact, one of them (the panda one) was from Kelly when I met her in Singapore. As you can see, some of them were fun and loud in prints and design whereas some were more girly and feminine. I got different styles of socks to match with different outfit styles as they can be a highlight or complete an outfit. You don't have to always match socks with leather shoes or closed toe shoes though, sometimes it's fun to match them with heels instead! :D

Aside from the panda one, I got the 3 from the left at Haji Lane for $13 and the other 3 at JRunway for $15.




When I saw the socks, I wondered, 'Kelly, did you read my mind?' How did she know that I was hunting for these cute socks and got me a pair too? :D It's really cute and I love how it has some part translucent and a panda face too. The zebra one was really cool as you can either wear it as zebra print itself or flip it down to reveal the zebra face! The fries were just too cute! I was instantly sold when I saw them. The material were thick and nice too but not too warm so you can wear it any day :D




Moving on to the girlier side, I got a vintage maroon coloured one with some lace. I've always love these lace socks and has been looking for them ever since I out grown my lace socks which I had when I was very much younger. Among shops I've looked at in Malaysia I haven't seen any for adult feet size so seeing these in Singapore made me happy. The other two polka dots one are similar except for the colour and I had a hard time choosing which to get and ultimately took both of them to the counter. The last one is also a translucent pair and they had leopard prints on them. It's really cool too and I have already ideas on what to match them with. In fact, I wore them the very next day itself! XD



I really love these socks so much and for once I'm happy with the money I spent on little items like these. Usually when I buy something, I consider whether the fabric or design is worth to purchase so even if I like them but they're overpriced in my opinion (Example shorts with so little fabric yet costing the amount of 2 tops) I'd just put them back to the racks. However, since I know I will be wearing these socks for a long time I'm happy to get them into my closet. XD Do you have any weird obsession on items which you'd buy them for higher price too?

20 comments:

  1. cutieeee!

    anyway, visit mine :
    www.sacsetchaussures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some cute socks!! I love the chip packet ones. They're so funny looking. I also like both the spotty ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear :D For a moment I was confused about the chips until I realized you meant the fries in British english haha! They look really fun and quirky and the colour contrast were so attractive :D

      Delete
  3. I also loove socks, but what I really love are over the knee socks, they are so cute and girly and <3, haha. Btw, your socks are suuper cute and funny *O*

    Neko Bunny U=・ x ・=U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Japanese girls always look good in those socks :D But my legs aren't that long it only makes it look shorter. :( I guess we have our preferences but I do like some of those knee length socks. I'm trying to look for some sporty style ones, hehe (^^) I love to find interesting details and that include socks too hehe!

      Delete
  4. Pretty socks! *A* makes me want to buy new high thigh socks QAQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear <3 I think everyone has this socks thing in them hahaha XD

      Delete
  5. I love the maroon lace ones and panda ones! Now I feel like I need more socks XD

    http://19th-tealeaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Seeing cute socks just triggers that socks temptation don't you think? XD

      Delete
  6. Cute socks! I look forward to reading your trip to Singapore :)

    http://kaleidoscopexhearts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear :D I will try my best to get it done asap (^^;)
      Thanks for leaving me your blog url too, I love the pictures you took! <3

      Delete
  7. Socks! ♥__♥
    F21 and Terranova has a lot of cute socks too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F21 has good quality ones but I usually wait until there's sales before checking them out, hehe~ We don't have Terranova here though :/

      Delete
  8. Super cute socks! I especially love the french fries pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! It's one of my favourites hehehe~

      Delete
  9. Very nice pics! You are beautiful!

    http://www.stadinstyle.helsinkids.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 You have nice pictures on your blog too (^^)

      Delete
  10. I also love to collect socks! Love that french fries one so much <3
    I just found your blog and love it ! ><

    http://japobsganbare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think any socks lover would love that french fries one, haha! It's just too cute <3
      Thanks for your compliment! (^^) I hope you enjoy reading it :D

      Delete