March 22, 2014

Catching up with my friends

As you know, few days ago I went to get my hair fixed at 76Style and since I'm out, I thought I'd meet up with my best buddies for it has been long since our last meet up. It has been only a month since but we're already missing each other, I guess you know how close you are when you're eager to see each other's faces after a short span of time. I was still getting my hair done when Angel arrived so I had to trouble her to come all the way to the saloon. It was funny how the staff were flustered when she said she was there to met me and once she told them 'It's the girl who got her hair bleached' they all got what she meant! XD

Our stomachs were grumbling when Ky Li arrived so we quickly decided to try out Manmaru Homemade Udon restaurant which opened only a few months back. It's located at second floor, Midvalley.


What's surprising about this place is that it has a cafeteria concept, meaning you order what you want, pay your bill and get your seat. There's a wide selection of Udon but we all decided on the same one, Kake Udon. I guess we read each other's mind sometimes :P





We each got ourselves a set lunch costing RM12.90 which came with tea, vegetables, char siew and an egg. That's really affordable and we were so full by the time we gobbled up our food. Of course, since it's like a cafeteria style and there wasn't much people left after we finished, we stayed there chatting away for over an hour.



When it's time to get ourselves up from our seats we headed over to Gardens and after walking in rounds and failing to secure a table at Starbucks, we ended up having our coffee fix at Pastis Cafe & Dining. To be honest, the prices on their menu consider expensive for me which explains why I've only been ordering drinks every time my friends brought me there. :/






I have high caffeine tolerance, or rather, it doesn't do anything to me. I can finish a whole cup and fall asleep the next moment lol. On the other hand, Angel can't take caffeine so every time she drinks it she'll tell me to stay up late to chat with her haha! Does caffeine affect you???



Nowadays we pretty much spend our time chatting away at restaurants and cafe every time we meet up. We hardly ever shop now, does it mean we're old now? (lol) Still, I think the most important thing about meeting your friends is not what you do, instead it's whether you had fun together or not. When you have fun, even the simplest thing that occur that day would be instilled in your memories together. :)

12 comments:

  1. omg! I actually saw you that day. haha. Didn't know it was you till now >< I was at the restaurant too. haha


    xx Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! I'm surprised! Would've love to say hi (^^)

      Delete
  2. That looks yummy! Maybe I should try it out when I visit KL again <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good for the price :D I'd really love to meet you if you're visiting kl <3

      Delete
    2. I'll let you know!! Might go there again this December <3

      Delete
    3. Thanks! :D I'm probably free around that time (^^)

      Delete
  3. Hi Hanie! ^^
    I love your hair!
    I wanted to have that look but I dare not to bleach my hair..
    (such a coward yea? :P)
    Anyways, I never had any udon since I came to KL so yea I'm gonna try that out someday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice! Thank you <3 Bleaching is a rather huge commitment to your hair so you've got to think carefully before bleaching it. It's best to consult with a trustable hair stylist before proceeding too. You should always get what you pay ;)
      There's lots of food to try out in KL and I hope you'd taste the good food someday :D

      Delete
  4. Nice hair :D I cannot pull off blonde hair :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn :) I never thought I could, but I just wanted to try it out :D

      Delete