February 23, 2014

{Review} The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion

I have always battled with pimple and it's aftermath, scars. I'm sure I'm not the only victim of this, almost everyone of us has gone through that phase or still going through as we're growing up. I used to think that 'Scars will clear up overtime' but they take forever to clear up and it's of no help to wait for them to heal when you cover them up with thicker makeup thus clogging your pores leading to more breakouts. I didn't trust any of those products in the market who'd clear up those scars for me because I've tried some and they don't work so well. I had 2 sheets of Hydrogel Snail Mask from Nature Republic which I got from my aunt and snail mask does help in clearing up scars but they cost a ton. That's why I've pretty much given up on searching for a product that'll help with my skin problem.



That is until my cousin sister pass me a bottle of The Body Shop's Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion!!! I'm so grateful that she got me this product. I didn't buy it, so I don't know the price but I think this product is a great investment in your daily skin care.
Update: I just found out from The Body Shop's website for the price of this product. It's MYR 55.00. More info please check out their website.




The product comes in 30ml and it's around the size of my hand. Simple packaging like any other Body Shop's product but what I'm looking for is not just the packaging but the effectiveness of the product itself.

At first, I was doubtful if this will even work out well on my skin so as usual, I read some reviews by other bloggers and they have positive feedbacks and I thought, let's give this a try. By the way, that's how I usually decide whether I'd purchase a product haha! I'm a rather impatient person, if the product doesn't show much result around a week's time, it'll forever be shoved aside until it's time to toss it away. I did the same for this product and it didn't show much difference by then and I was going to do what I had said, but seeing that I don't have a proper night lotion, I might as well use this as night time moisturiser. Trust me, not only I didn't have any breakouts which would usually visit me every time it hits my monthly blues, my face actually look brighter and there are less blemish scars! I was taken aback by how good this product worked on me and it has definitely gained a place in my skin care list.




The product dispenses with a pump, one pump is enough for your whole face. It comes with a cap as well for hygienic purposes. The thing is, the bottle is opaque and I have no idea how much product is left inside. But based on my assumptions, I felt like as you dispense the product, there's a lever below which pushes the remaining product upwards like the other Body Shop's products I've used before.




Here's one pump of the product. It has a soothing tea tree fragrance which I love but the smell doesn't linger around the entire night. After application, my skin felt really smooth and silky, non of that sticky moisturiser feel and that's a plus point for me. I don't need any extra greasiness for my oily T-zone.

Body Shop's products are against animal testing and it has always been using ingredients which are as natural as possible so it should be mild enough even for sensitive skin. It's a great product and I totally recommend this one for anyone who faced the same problem as I am. Better makeup always start from better skin, so take good care of your skin~! :D

8 comments:

  1. I must try this. So many ppl review this and the result is good, so I must try this. Thanks for review.

    mind to followback?
    http://mineisdreamers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to! :D I really love this and I hope you'll love this too. :)

      Delete
  2. most of the body shop product is totally great. No doubt
    http://notamanjaku.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Ika - I've tried some Body Shop's products before, some are good but some weren't that great. To me, it's more like a hit or miss lol. But I'm glad I found one I love (^^)

      Delete
  3. I'm looking for something like this too! Now this really helps. I'm gonna find out how much this cost.Thank you :)

    http://anisfarhanaaliman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you found it useful! :D I just found out the price and I got the post updated. (^^)

      Delete
  4. I've heard so many good things about their tea tree line! I've tried the toner before and it didn't work well for me, but after reading this I'm willing to give the line another try. Thank you for your post ^_^

    amy | michi★mochi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. :) Personally I've tried their seaweed range (cleanser, toner and moisturiser) but they didn't show great results for me too. This one got me taken aback and I might want to know more about their products, hehe~

      Delete