February 2, 2014

Modern Pin-up take

Since I got my hair bleached, I've been experimenting with more hairstyles lately. (^^) With Pin-up style being a trend this S/S 2014 as seen on Vivi and Emoda, it's about time I try out the style. I've always had a soft spot for vintage styles and items and I was first introduced to pin-up style back when they were showing ANTM cycle 5 on my local TV. Seeing the corsets, socks and hairstyles, I instantly fell in love with this style which I view as more of an art.




Then there's me, with the modern take of this pin-up style. Fashion trends nowadays are pretty much recycling old trends by picking up bits and pieces here and there and incorporating them into new styles. Trust me, if you ask your parents, they'll tell you so. ;)

What I wore was a casual street style loose top and leather shorts matched with gold spikes necklace and a faux red leather watch. My makeup was done in a similar way to my previous tutorial but my hair I styled it in a rather pin-up look.

All I used was a simple travel hair straightener which is about 2 1/2 inch in length and 1/2 inch in width. Just simple curling technique done on my fringe and I ran through my fingers through the curls and slightly style them. One thing to note is that you want to separate your fringe into 3 sections, top, middle and bottom and curl them in any direction for that messy curls look. Hairspray is optional, but with my bleached hair, I left it just like that for the whole night and it remains the same still when I got home. As for the remaining hair, I pulled them back into a lose ponytail and wrapped the elastic band with a piece of my hair. I also pulled out several strands of my hair and curled them for a softer look.






Initially I got my inspiration from the popular Korean permed fringe hairstyle and I used that idea for this look. It's a versatile look, you can wear it as I did or you can pop a beanie or a snapback and it looks really cute as well. Alternatively if you like it a little more pin-up you can add a bandana as well. It's so easy and it took me less than 15 minutes to get it done! Very cute and fun and you might be grabbing some attention with your hair as well, so I hope you'd try it out! :D Thanks for reading~!

9 comments:

  1. wooow you look so beautiful :D ♥_♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm happy that I'm able to pull off this style well. :) I'm always playing around and experimenting with new looks hehe

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness, get a tumblr! you'd be so famous on there, no joke. you'd be up top with amikoji, ichigoflavor, and etc. please!! you'd fit so well

    ReplyDelete
  3. andsleepy - Thank you dear, but tumblr is not my thing. I feel that it's a little messy and I'd like to stay with blogger itself. But thanks for recommending! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'M SO SORRY THAT I'VE ACCIDENTALLY DELETED SOME COMMENTS, SO I'M POSTING THEM ON BEHALF OF MY READERS. m(_ _)m I know I'm always making this mistake so I've set my comment moderation off. I'm so sorry and I hope I won't repeat this mistake again, I genuinely appreciate all your comments!!!



    From Sample Hime:
    you look amazing!!! i looove the hair tutorial. i might try it tomorrow, but i don't think i can do it with a straightener lol. =) i want to see more pin-up inspired styles for sure!



    Sample Hime - Thanks dear, I hope it'll look nice on you too, even if you might not be using a straightener, I hope you'll be able to achieve something you'll like as well (^^)b I don't really do pin-up styles usually, I did this out of fun, so maybe when the mood comes, I'll show you again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome, I never thought of that look before, you make it look modern! =D

    Regards,

    Miss Eliza WonDerland
    www.misselizawonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, glad you liked it :D I hope you'd try it out too (^^) I'm sure it'll look good on you too hehe~

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg!! you look so pretty with the hairstyle, how you curl your fringe? want to try it out!! xD

    http://snowman1314.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon! :D I used my 1.5cm width hair straightener to curl it at random directions then run my fingers through and scrunch it up :D

      Delete