November 3, 2013

Why Do You Wear Makeup?

Spent my Sunday afternoon watching Youtube Music Awards and blogwalking as usual. A few days ago, I stumbled across a blog which did a 'Why Do You Wear Makeup' tag and apparently many others did the tag too. They were interesting reads knowing how others got into this interest like I do so I decided that I should tell me own 'story' too. :)



1. When did you begin loving makeup?
Believe or not, I used to hate putting one makeup when I was young. I loathed dance performances which requires makeup because my mom used to apply lots of blush, winged eyeliner (like really winged up), mature eyebrows and bright lipstick which doesn't compliment the look. It works on my mom, but it didn't work on me though.


This was one of the better looks back in 2009.

I finally got into makeup when I was 14, and it all started with eyeliner. I was terrible with it back then and used to stretch my eyelids as I drew uneven eyeline with a pencil eyeliner. I've been there before so I know how it feels when you are clueless about makeup when you begin.

My initial inspirations were of course Jpop artist and Gyarus. But what actually sparked my interest was when my aunt who's a makeup artist came back to visit us all the way from Switzerland, she brought back tons of makeup for me to play with. Of course she demonstrated makeup on me too and it felt good. Since then I just kept going forward with makeup. Of course, there's still a lot to learn but I'm open to the vast knowledge in this area. :)



2. How do you feel without makeup?
Funny story: Twice I walked into the same shop with and without makeup. With makeup, the sales assistant welcomed me warmly and cater to my needs. Without makeup, no one bothered to come towards me and gave me weird glances. I guess I look really different with makeup! :P

It felt a little bad when people judge you by your looks. It's the real world though, however, I have learned to love my naked face. After all, only you have it and it's a unique face you know. And to be able to looks beautiful with makeup on the same face means your features are not that bad ;) And sometimes, you've just got to find the right makeup so that you'll look good. So experiment and more experiment!



3. What do you like about your makeup?
In terms of that, I don't always stick to a same makeup routine everyday, though I have a 'rushing-out-makeup-look'. I still have lots to learn but I'm happy with the knowledge I've gained so far.

I feel happy when I play with makeup. It's like creating art from a canvas, except it's on a face. It lets me express my creativity and my feelings. :)



4. Three holy grain products:


Etude House Precious Mineral BB cream, Kate designing Eyebrow N and K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner 24H WP Micro.

I love the BB cream and the eyebrow kit, but not so much of the eyeliner. It's the only eyeliner I have though and eyeliner plays an important role for me! In fact, with these three products, I can already get out of the house with them! :D





Since I wasn't tagged and did this willingly, I'm not going to tag anyone here but if you felt that it's fun to share your experiences, feel free to do so and do leave your blog link so I can check it out too! :D I hoped you enjoyed the post~! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment