June 6, 2013

Penang June 2013 - Photolog





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 








- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

To be honest, since it was a church camp trip, I wasn't able to enjoy myself to the fullest. A person like me who tend to do lots of research before going on a trip, when the sudden itinerary was presented to me, it was a major letdown as most of the attractions I wished to visit were omitted. Still, I tried to shut away those feelings and enjoy the trip.
But it didn't do any good when the second day was filled with talks after talks which I thought was really boring. My mood was already down for a start, and that made it worst. I couldn't stand the talks anymore and was about to explode anytime (well, I was having pms). That night I quarreled with my mom about how silly it was to come along the trip. One thing that I would like to make clear is that although I can read and understand most Chinese, I just can't stand reading texts in Chinese. My eyes will literally go blur and I'll just give up on concentrating in the end. Don't blame me for being a half banana here, I'm mostly English educated that's why.

Last night of the trip itself, I somehow got chilled and caught on flu. We went out for Penang specialties for supper but I didn't enjoy much as I was battling with my health. That night I was shivering in my sleep and my nose was flowing like a running tap! It was terrible! I couldn't wake up next morning till noon, skipped breakfast and had brunch instead, then had medicine and slept for hours on the ride home.

Instead of recharging myself, I felt physically and mentally exhausted from the trip. I'm really disappointed. Penang itself is a nice place to visit, hence, I would love to visit it again, as a personal family trip next time. :)

7 comments:

  1. The pictures are really amazing ^^ i hope you can go back to enjoy it more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivanah K.- Thank you!!! <3 It means so much to me when you like them! :'D Of course, I very much hope that I'll be able to revisit it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so you guys went to the Nyonya mansion eih :D
    bet you have saw bats too right there somehow hehe
    the organizer should have also bring you all to the JingTze Books and Cafe nearby. A super peacefull place for study and afternoon tea.;) but it's just a little too bad that it's more of Buddhism place and you guy were.on Chruch trip >_<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caydence- Nope, I didn't see any of that. There's a lot of shops and streets I wanted to visit, but with a group of around 100 people, it will be hard for the organizers to keep everyone in check. :( I will try to visit Penang again soon! :D I haven't tour enough of that place yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw lotsa bats on the ceiling when I visited there 2 years ago .>.<
    Travel is great thing and enables us to know more about our country hehe. You really should travel again here. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caydence- It's weird but I kinda like bats lol XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. an as a matter of fact, they looked so cute XD

    ReplyDelete