June 23, 2013

College makeup + Products Reviews

Hello lovelies! The weather has been pretty bad here in Malaysia with all the haze from our neighboring country, Indonesia. :( It happens every year but this year the situation has gotten worse than before. D: I've been seeing and smelling haze everywhere since yesterday and it's been making me feel sick. Remember to drink lots of water, wear a mask and avoid going out if it's possible! Take care my dearies~!



So today I'll be doing a simple tutorial on College Makeup! I rush to get ready every morning so I try to keep my makeup as simple and fast as possible! I wake up at 6am for college and get out of my house at 6.30am. It's a pretty short time to get dressed and everything else so I limit myself to get my makeup done within 10 minutes. I need my makeup to be long lasting as well, since I'm usually out for 12 hours. That's pretty long isn't it? Well, if you're just like me, then this would be for you! :D

Also, in this post, I'll be doing simple reviews on the products that I use for my daily college makeup!




Etude house's Precious Mineral BB cream is one of my most loved product ever!

Product desciprtion:
Precious Mineral BB Cream promotes silky complexion with pearl infused sheer coverage, Contain sadenosine & arbutin for anti-wrinkle & whitening efficacies. SPF for UV protection.

The shade I'm using is W13, Natural Beige. I have lots of pimple scars here and there and this product actually conceals 80% of them for me and by the end of the day there's still about 60% coverage which I'm fine with. Just a small pearl size pump of the BB cream does wonders for me! I usually apply a sheer layer over my face first then reuse the product as a concealer at the same time to cover up my under eye circle and blemishes. Saves lots of time doesn't it? :D

Does the product oxides? Well, it does, but it doesn't turn orangey or dull. It fits my original skin tone nicely! Also with SPF30/PA++, it protects my skin from the harsh midday sun when I go out for lunch with my college friends. I find it really funny that my face is fair whereas my body is slightly tan! XD




Here's Shiseido's Maquillage Aura Beauty Face Powder which I got last year from my aunt.


This product not only acts as a translucent powder, it can also be used as a highlighter, blusher and eyeshadow! I use it to set my BB cream with a light sweep over my face then using the brush that came with it to highlight my nose, forehead, shin and cheekbones. Sometimes when I'm really rushing to get out of my house, I even use the blusher at one go!

The product has a gentle fragrance which I love! It doesn't cake up my face too so that's another thing I like about it. My principle for base makeup is always, 'Less is More'. When I cake up my face too much, I find that it irritates my skin and my face oils up much faster instead. Moreover, a caked up face never looks nice in real!




Next up, Kate's Designing Eyebrow N Ex-5 which I've been using for years! Once again, it's another product which can be used for more than one purposes. Time factor is really important for me!

I used this to contour my nose and filling in my eyebrows. It comes with a mini brush but I hardly use the angled brush end. The fluffy side is alright for contouring, but I find using Etude House's angled brush gives me more control when I fill in my eyebrows.

I don't always stick to a certain eyebrow shape. Sometimes I make them look bold and sometimes they look natural, depending on my outfit for the day. :) But I like how the shades in this eyebrow powder kit compliments with my skin tone and my hair colour for now.




Candy Doll's blush in Strawberry Pink is my default blush shade. The blush is rather pigmented so try to apply it light handed and gradually add up if needed! It brings about a cute natural flush to my face. My complexion is pretty pale so blusher is pretty important to me! I find that the long-lastingness of the product of average only as 50% of it would be gone by the time I reach home. :/

I usually apply it on the apples of my cheeks, from the sides of my face or horizontally. I really do not have a fixed way of applying my makeup as it depend on my mood and outfit each day.




On days where I wake up late and has to rush like mad wihtin 5 minutes I'll only apply a highlighter to my eyes. I find that highlighting your eyes instantly brightens them up, making you look more awake if you were staying up late the previous night. Apply it to the inner corners of your eyes, under the browbone and the center of your eyelids to create more dimension to your eyes while brightening them.




One of my recent purchases was this K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner 24H WP Micro - Jet Black! What attracted me to this product was the super fine 0.05mm tip!!!

I had been using Dolly Wink's eyeliner for years so I decided to try something new instead. I tend to draw my eyeliner really thin on the inner corners and thicken it towards the end so the super fine feature caught my eye. The price was around the RM50 range as well so it wasn't that cheap to me.

The fine eyelining is well, but I don't particularly like this product after trying it out for some while. I find that the consistency of the eyeliner isn't so great afterall, perhaps it's due to the thinness of the tip hence it wasn't so much of a jet black line. I had to go over it a few times and that annoys me when I need to get my eyeliner done quickly. As for the long lastingness, I guess there wasn't anything amazing which I can talk about since it sometimes fades away when I reach home. I'll have to finish using this up before I can switch to another eyeliner...




Curled my lashes and it's time for mascara! I had lots of experiences using mascara which has tiny bits of stuff which falls off after some while. I don't know what those are but it really irritates me as they sometimes fall into my eyes!

My current love is this Dejavu Fibrewig mascara! It claims to paint on your lashes lol. But what I love about this is that it doesn't have those tiny bits of stuff clinging onto my lashes. It's easy to apply and is removed easily as well! It doesn't clump up my lashes while lenghtening them so that's another plus point! :D






Combed out my messy hair and I'm good to go! I usually skip lipstick because I'm just too lazy to reapply it after meals lol. And if I do apply them they'll leave me with a 'lipstick frame' around my lips if I don't reapply them (you get what I mean right?). Normally when I have sufficient time this is how I would look in college. But on days where I wake up late (I'm sure I'm not the only one) I'll skip mascara instead.

In case you're wondering, my parents are perfectly fine with me going to college with makeup. As long as I maintain my studies well and manage my time well they are okay with it :D Sometimes I do wonder, if I had enrolled into a Fashion college perhaps my dress up would be much more different than now. But oh well, sooner or later I plan to get myself into that industry. I'm just taking a detour instead. :)



My apologies that the pictures in this post was off colour. My phone camera could not detect the white balance well enough and I did not have much time to slowly take the images because, well, I was rushing to college... And in case you don''t know, all (or most) pictures on my blog were taken with my phone camera because I'm simply too poor to afford a proper camera lol. I'm saving up for one already, just a few hundred to go! Doesn't saving up money for something you want so badly seems like something which takes forever to accomplish? Hmm... Anyways, I'll make sure to post better pictures next time! :)

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute!

    Would you like to follow each other in GFC and bloglovin? Please check my blog and let me know.

    www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yomi- Thank you lovely <3 I've left a comment on your blog! (^^) It's a cute blog! :D

    ReplyDelete