April 30, 2013

One Piece's Chopper Nail Art Tutorial

One Piece fans are gonna love this tutorial! :D

Ita-nails (痛ネイル) are currently booming with popularity in Japan. It means nails decorated with anime nail art. Isn't that awesome??? \(^V^)/

My favourite Ita-nails artist is Nakayama Chieko-sensei! Her nail arts never fails to amaze me! She does nail art for celebrities and models such as Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, ReNo, Mapipi and many more!



Today's tutorial will be a simple Ita-nail nail art of Chopper from One Piece! Ita-nails might look complicated to draw but they are actually pretty easy. If you have watched videos on youtube on how to draw anime using digital art, you'll find the steps pretty similar then! (^^) Basically, it's just layering one step after another.



What you'll need are:
❤ Base Coat
❤ Nail varnish of desired colour
❤ Acrylic Paint
❤ Fine tip brushes
❤ Top Coat



1. First of all, you'll need to apply one layer of Base Coat then two layers of nail varnish like how you will usually paint your nails. Remember to let the previous layer dry before applying another layer!





2. Using Acrylic Paint, paint the body and head of Chopper. Then, add on its hat and cape. Once you're done, you can mix a darker pink tone for the shading and paint wherever necessary. Next, paint on the eyes, nose and mouth and the X on it's hat.

My tip for nail art is to practice before you draw onto your own nails. Whether it's on a paper or better still, on false nail tips, once you've got the hang of it it'll be a breeze! (^^)



3. With a firm hand, line where necessary with black and add in the final details such as eyes and facial features. Finish it up with top coat and you're done!



If you're wondering why I used acrylic paint instead of nail polish for nail art, that's because acrylic paint do not dry as fast as nail polish do. When nail polish dries, you'll get a gooey texture which makes it hard to do any nail art. However, if you're only doing dotting designs it's still fine to use nail polish but be sure to be quick! Trust me, using acrylic paint will enable you to create more designs! (^^)v



I had the nail art on for a week and it lasted pretty well! Everyone who saw it was amazed when I told them it was drawn on! I feel really happy when someone notices my little effort on small details like this! (^^) I enjoy drawing nail art but sadly I can never draw them on my right hand (T T) Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed this post and feel free to request for nail art tutorials!

8 comments:

  1. Chopper looks amazing! He'ss perfectly drawn~ *---* I love this tutorial! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzie Wiliams- Thank you! I'm so glad you love it!!! <3



    Atomic Nony- Thank you! I will do more nail art tutorials <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for this tutorial!! <3
    It looks soooo cute! I have to try this some day :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rukipe- You're welcome! :D I hope it'll turn out nice for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! They're so well drawn! Every time I do my nails they're always smudged and stuff -.-

    I also nominated you for the Liebster Award by the way!
    http://sakurapikuseru.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie Clark- There are a little mistakes though (^^;) Practice is the key for nail arts! :D



    aMz88- Arigatou~<3

    ReplyDelete