June 1, 2012

I Fairy Kirei Green Review

Recently I've bought a few pairs of contact lenses for cosplay so I'm going to be doing lens review for them. :)




Water content: 55%
Diameter: 16.2 mm
Base Curve: 8.6




Indoors, with flash and under sunlight.

Colour/design: ★★★★
The colour is pretty much not visible indoors unless there's flash. However, the colour really shows up under sunlight! I was really attracted to the unique design of this pair. It has a turquoise colour and some yellow tone too. Also, it's black rim is not completely solid which makes it look not too fake.





Full picture in indoor.

I wanted to post a tutorial for Hatsune Miku Matryoshka version but it didn't look very nice so I'm going to redo it and post it up again...




With flash.




Sunlight.



Enlargement: ★★★★

They are my first 16.2mm lens and they make my eyes look huge!! But due to its size, it's not wearable without make up since it makes you look like an alien...



Comfort: ★★

Even though it's unique and I really love the colour, I'm pretty disappointed with the comfort of these lenses. Perhaps they are too big for my preference since I kept feeling them in my eyes... Also, due to its size, it actually dries up my eyes after about 4 hours... I don't know how I'm going to be wearing these at conventions without bringing my lens solution along...



Still, I'll definitely wear them out for casual wear since its really eye-catching. :D Will try to post the tutorial for Miku's Matryoshka make up soon and maybe I'll try a different eye makeup for these lenses next time. :D

10 comments:

  1. aww, they actually look really nice and cute!! matches your miku cosplay perfectly also :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. alex- Thank you! Yes, I chose these for my Miku cosplay :D



    Terry Hua- :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG U LOOK VERY CUTE I LOVE HOW THEY LOOK ON YOU. HOW BAD THEY IRITATES YOUR EYES VERY FAST.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgsh! You are soo cute! I like the aqua blue color of these, they turned out less opaque than I thought though! Still super nice though ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pamelicious- Thank you!! :D Yeah, that's the major downside to it :(



    THT Christina- Hehe, thanks! (^^;) They aren't that opaque but I will prefer them to be actually... (^^;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. where did you bought the lens? (i seriously gonna ask you coz i'm palnning to cos Kuroko from KNB as well~but idk where to get suitable lenses~any recommendations? >-< )

    ReplyDelete
  7. ケイデンスー- I bought it from a Comic Fiesta forums seller called Mikkoo. I wanna see your Kurokocchi!!! (>w<) There's a lot of lens to choose in the forums threads so just browse around. (^^) Though the lens are always less prominent in real life than in pictures. (^^;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! (seriously i don't want my lens to be too freaking big like a monster but mostly of em' are 16mm in diameter *sigh* )
    Well, see you at Comic Fiesta sooner ad we finished of SPM haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. ケイデンスー- 16mm still looks weird to me but I like their designs... OTL See you at CF too! :D

    ReplyDelete