December 20, 2011

Comic Fiesta 2011 - Interview with Ceui and Shimokawa Mikuni

Hello!



Being an affiliated blogger with Comic Fiesta 2011, I was very grateful to be able to attend the private interview of Ceui and Shimokawa Mikuni, two special guest that flew all the way from Japan to Comic Fiesta 2011.



It was my first time attending such event hence I must apologize if I missed some details. I'm still an amateur you see...



Nevertheless, I will try my best to type out whatever I wrote down as accurate as possible. (._.)




What do you think of Malaysia when you first arrived?

SM: I thought that Malaysia is really hot! I wondered if it is really December since it's so hot! But I was happy to visit Malaysia.

C: When I arrived at Malaysia, there was a huge thunderstorm. I was surprise to see that summer's continuing in Malaysia. I think that Malaysians are cheerful and warm just like the weather!



What inspires you in writing music? What's your secret behind it?

SM: I would read the anime thoroughly before writing the song. I want to write songs not only to be sung, but to deliver a message to the audiences.

C: Music plays a great role in my life. I hope to be able to create a fantasy world with the songs I sing. I also hope to be able to create fantasy songs like those in Totoro.



Apart from Malaysia, have you held concerts in other parts of the world?

SM: My first stop was Taipei then Beijing, Shanghai, Macau, Singapore and Korea

C: Malaysia is my third destination outside of Japan. I've been to Gao Shiung, Guang Zhou and Hong Kong.



If you are to collaborate with a MTV singer, who would you pick?

C: Debra! (I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with MTV artiste names... What Ceui said in Katakana was De-be-ra)

SM: I really don't know who to choose from! But I'll be glad to collaborate with anyone.





C: Listening to music is not just to influence but to uplift one's spirit. It brings joy to restore one's courage too. And may that person pass it on to others.

SM: After 311 (The massive earthquake that hit Japan), I've been performing in several other countries to gather donation to support Japan. It is amazing that through Anisong, people feel love, which is somehting natural. Also, people can know a country better.



How did you get involve in Anisong?

SM: I watched Anime since I was young. Even now I'm still watching it! It was someone's suggestion to start singing Anisong. I must say that it was good timing!

C: There was a search for singer of Anisong. I was very surprised to be chosen to sing OP and ED for an Anime.



What Anime would you recommend apart from those which you're singing for?

SM: K-ON! You know K-ON? It's popular in Japan!

C: The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, Kuroshitsuji and Itazura na Kiss



(Now for the last question. And it's a hot question indeed~!) Who do you think is the hottest guy in the world?

SM: Someone who can bring me to a good food restaurant. (Don't you mean your manager?) Laughs...

C: Someone who is out of this world... Like Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji and Erie from Itazura na Kiss





Both Ceui and Shimokawa Mikuni were such sweeties! Thank you for the interview!



I hope you enjoyed reading~!

No comments:

Post a Comment