September 9, 2011

DIY Purikura tutorial!

Konnichiwa!



Purikura are just so awesome, aren't they? I've only taken once because as much as I know, you can only find Purikura booths in Genting Highlands. I posted my first Purikura experience photos a long time ago so here's the link if you want to check it out. (^^)

Purikura



Since there aren't any Purikura available around my area, I would like to show you how you can create a fake Purikura photo by using photoshop! You will need to download some brushes and styles and here are some of my recommendation~

Purikura brushes + stamps + background
Kaomoji

Just a few that are common in decorating Purikura.



In case you're wondering, I'm using Photoshop CS5. I don't know about other versions since I've been using this version all this while and I like it. (^^) I hope you know a few basic stuff in Photoshop so you can understand better.





Before editing. It's best if you have an Purikura photo as a guide.





Next, brightening and contrast. You want to to be really bright just like in Purikura booths where they have lots of lights in there. However, you don't want too much contrast in your picture. Purikura booth's lights lights up your entire face you see.





Under filter, select blur then surface blur. Set the radius of the blur then the threshold value. I set mine as 5.

This gives a more matte feeling to the photo.





Here comes the troublesome part. Covering your background. Be really careful at this and zoom while covering if it helps! Also, colouring on a new layer is safer too!





Now that you've done that, there might be some spaces in between. Or sometimes it looks too harsh. To soften it, blur the edges using the blur too with strength set to 100%.





Now the fun part! Add on decorations and writings using photoshop brushes. Just google whicheve you like and download them! \(^^)/





Also, if you want to achieve the big eyes effect, simply go under filters then select liquify. Use Bloat tool to create big dolly eyes. Click or when you're satisfied.
Next, select quick mask mode then colour on your eyes. Exit quick mask mode, then press 'Shift' + 'Ctrl' + 'I'. Adjust the contrast level as you wish. (^^)




And that's it! It's really simple you see. If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a comment and I will try my best to answer them!



What do you think of my Purikura photo? I did it in a hurry so I hope it looked nice... (^^;)



Anyways, here are some camwhore pics~









Well then,

See you soon!

9 comments:

  1. Your hairstyle is really cute! ^w^ Which lashes are you wearing in the pics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. $moke ♔- Thank you!!



    Bella- I was wearing Daiso Voluminous Type No.11 and Daiso Half Type No.13. They are currently my favourite pair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could use photoshop.. haha I'm still struggling but i'll definitely give this a try! Thanks for the tutorial ^^ you look so cute either way! :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to Photoshop a picture so it looked like a purikura!
    You can also go to this site since it is much easier for most people!
    http://www.puricute.com/
    I love using it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen- I learnt bit by bit by myself through online tutorials too. I don't know much yet, just some. (^^)



    Jenny- I decorated photos at www.puricute.com before too! But I don't like it that you can't change the background of your photo...

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you use any medicine to be soooo cute?! >w<

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a smart idea! I never even thought about using photoshop in that way before haha. Love the camwhoring

    ReplyDelete
  8. Akiko- Nah, I dislike medicine.



    Jennifer~Vickahh- Thanks! I had to improvise since you can't really find Purikura booths here in Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete