July 22, 2011

Trip to Kelantan and Terengganu!

Hello again!



Weeks has passed yet I still haven't post on my trip to Kelantan and Terengganu. They are some of the states in Malaysia. I haven't been to both so it was nice to visit places I've never been to.



Yet, the trip wasn't as pleasant at all... We had a terrible tour guide, terrible tour schedule, terrible bus etc. (- -;)







The tour guide decided to take the longest route to Kelantan just because she heard that it has a nice view along the way. And the nice view was this bridge. (- -) And it took us 13 hours to reach Kelantan thanks to this.

And oh, before proceeding, I need to tell you that the tour guide herself hasn't been to neither Kelantan or Terengganu before. I couldn't believe it when she told us that. I thought, if you can get our money and bring us to somewhere that you haven't been to before, I might as well be the tour guide. It makes no difference, right?







During the bus ride, every passenger smelt a strong smell of petrol. Someone complained about that smell to the tour guide and she replied, 'Ah, situation like this happens once in a while.'

It was so terrible I felt like vomiting in the bus. (> <) I don't get sick on long journeys but the petrol smell was terrible.

So when the bus stopped to let us take picture of the bridge, the driver checked the bottom of the bus where the luggages were stored, he found out that the extra tank of petrol he filled actually spilled due to his carelessness of not screwing the cap of that extra tank tightly.

Which means I was nearly dead. (O_O)

Just a spark of fire could burn the whole bus up.... It makes more worried about bus rides now.

Most luggages were soaked with petrol, but I was one of the lucky ones whose luggage was in perfect condition. Phew!





We reached there about 7pm and had dinner. That place was filled with houseflies so it was another unpleasant experience.

Later we went to a market called Pasar Wakaf Chek Yeh to get some clothes since many got their clothes soaked with petrol...







Day 2

Bird's eye view of Kelantan from the apartment we stayed at.





We had this for breakfast. Apparently it's the famous Kelantan rice? #untrustabletourguide







After breakfast, we went to see the largest sitting Buddha in Malaysia.





With my cute grandma who has just came back from Canada. (^^)v





Then, we went to see the largest sleeping Buddha in Malaysia.





Beyond this is Golok, Thailand. I was so close in going to another country. *sulks* (;3;)





Rantau Panjang, Duty free shopping for shoppers~

I was expecting myself to get lots of goodies around here... But I got none. Most of the things weren't nice at all. #disappointed







We also went and look at some famous craft works of Kelantan like Batik, Wau and Copper.





The Beach~~!!!!!!!!!!

It was one of my main purpose of the trip. To see the beach. Hahaha!





The reason why you didn't see much close up picture of me is because throughout the whole trip, I only applied mascara. There wasn't even time to put on make up since we start our journey early in the morning.









Unfortunately, the camera battery died after I took a few shots of the beach. (; ;) But I think I manage to get some good shots? Hehe...





Later the day, we were given free time to explore around by ourselves. Dinner was not included that night so looking for a place to eat was our top priority. Haha!

Here's a fun fact about Kelantan.

At Kelantan, Friday and Saturday are like Saturday and Sunday. Shops open on Sunday like it is on Monday. We went there on Friday and Saturday thus most shops were close.









And after 30 minutes of search, we finally found a Thai-chinese style restaurant. Although it looked old, but the food was great! And it wasn't very expensive either.





After dinner, we found a complex!!!!! KL peeps will always be KL peeps, we can't survive without our so-called 'proper shopping'. We were practically squealing as we enter the complex. Although it was very small, it was enough to let us feel a little bit more like home.









Day 3

We woke up around 6am then started our journey to Terengganu. As we reached there, we had breakfast at a local market.

Later, we went to another Batik store then to a museum. Nothing much there so I just stayed in bus and waited for the others.





We went for lunch somewhere around here. This gate reminds me of Jonker Walk at Melaka. They're so similar!







The last spot was to see the Crystal Mosque (Masjid Kristal) at the Civilisation Park where the tour guide made the stupidest mistake ever.

She brought us to the wrong location AND claiming it to be the Crystal Mosque!!!!! It was so obvious that the mosque that she brought us to wasn't the one in the intinary. The mosque she brought us to was the floating mosque and it was pure white.

When someone asked her where are the crystals she replied 'They are in the mosque'. (- -)*

If you don't understand why we got pissed off, it's because there's a rule where only Muslim males go into mosques to pray. Why did she even brought us here when we can't go in and see the crystals?!

We're not 3 years old kiddo, you know. In the end we had to correct her. (- -;)




Comparing both Kelantan and Terengganu, if I am to go back there, I'll definitely choose Terengganu. There are mosre to see that and more to shop there. There are also famous islands like Pulau Redang in Terengganu.



Well, I guess this trip is the most unpleasant trip I've been so far. I hope I won't encounter such trips next time.



I hope that you have learnt more about Malaysia if you're an overseas reader. (^^) I think Malaysia is really beautiful if you know how to appreciate it. Sometimes people think I'm weird for being so patriotic but I guess if you can see through the negative things, surely you will know what is good about something. There will always be good and bad right? (^^)v



That was a long post, so bye for now!

Good Night!

6 comments:

  1. whoa kelantan !? Why the tour guide not bring you all to shopping? There's a lot of fake branded bag ( haha!) , fake branded tshirt and more for cheap price ! I'm so regret for not to buy the cheap fake chanel bag, i saw kumicky use the same in may 2011 issue ! Arghh !

    Terengganu are nice for resting, i love the beaches too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I would love to drop by malaysia again~~ to KL though!!

    I went to http://www.goldenpalmtree.com/v2/ and cruised back to singapore ~ was kinda cheated that the sea wasnt as blue but well.... at least the food is great at the resort ^_^!!

    Your trip kinda sounds bad though D..; I would cry if my clothes get stained by petrol or something. D8

    ReplyDelete
  3. mhmm... the food you ate for breakfeast in the day 2 was good? :s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maii- We did went for some shopping, but I didn't see nice stuff there. Maybe another market?



    Vernice!- Do drop by KL! It's fun! :D I felt so relieved when I knew that my clothes were fine. I think I would cry too, haha...



    Akiko- It was alright, but that small portion was very filling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha I'll go there someday! since its just beside singapore. HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vernice!- EH?! I didn't know you're from Singapore! I would love to go Singapore!

    ReplyDelete