May 10, 2011

Oatmeal Diet

Hey there~!



Today's weather is freaking hot!!! As soon as I open the door, I can feel the heat gushing towards me! 8( > < )8 On hot days like this, I will sometimes sweat as if I just took a sweat bath. Ewww...!



For some people, you might think that sweating is good but slimming down, but it's not always the case. Even when I sweat, I still gain weight.....= =;



A few days ago I recalled what my mom told me about her friend who lost weight by going through the Oatmeal Diet! She saw how he got rid of his belly within two months! He was quite fat you see...



So I thought, maybe I can try it out too! I haven't try it out yet, but I am going to start this diet the week after my exams, which is a two weeks holiday! I hope it will show some changes...



Before that, I would like to share with you about this Oatmeal Diet!



I've google some webpage and this one, I found it nice.
http://www.everydiet.org/diet/oatmeal-diet





For this diet, you will eat nothing except whole oatmeal for the first week. You can eat 1/2 cup of oatmeal every meal which may be combined with 1/2 cup of low fat milk if you wish to. Calories intake for the first week should be between 900-1200 per day.




As for the next 30 days you will continue having 1/2 cup of oatmeal three times a day in addition to your regular diet. Instant oatmeal is now permitted and calories may now be increased slightly up to 1000-1300 per day.

A morning snack of 1/2 cup of fruit and an afternoon snack of 1/2 cup raw vegetables are allowed too.



After 30 days you may eat your normal diet while continuing with one meal and one snack of oatmeal daily. However, do limit your intake of fats when returning to normal eating or else it'll turn out to be a yo-yo diet!!!







Other foods that you can have with this diet are berries, bananas, apples, oranges, grapes, carrots, red pepper, celery, lettuce, spinach, chicken breast, fish, coffee, tea, club soda, sugar free pudding.



Also, 30 minutes of exercise 3-5 times a week is recommended. (I guess that will be okay for a person as lazy as me... (-w-);)



Ok, so here are the pros and cons of this diet...

Pros
- Oatmeal is high in soluble fiber, which helps to promote a feeling of fullness after meals.
- A diet high in oatmeal can reduce the ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol without affecting the ‘good’ HDL cholesterol and has been demonstrated to be as effective as cholesterol lowering medication.
- Oatmeal is a good source of low glycemic carbohydrates and can help to promote stable blood sugar levels.
- Oats contain phytonutrients called lignans, which are beneficial for heart health.
- Oats are very inexpensive.

Cons
- Calorie intakes are below that recommended for safe and healthy weight loss.
- Lack of variety in the diet will limit the ability to obtain adequate nutrition.
- Diet involves a dramatic change in normal eating patterns, especially for the first week, which has the potential to trigger yo-yo dieting for some people.



For me, I think this diet is quite resonable. The only thing I need to do is to make myself to eat more oatmeal than usual..... (- -) Since I'm not a fan of gooey stuff like that. Well, they always said, the best food are the food that we don't like.



Would you try out this diet too? (^^)



Anyways, I might either post up short post or not blog at all during the exam period. Hope you will understand. However, I will still reply to your comments!!! \(^^)/ They cheer me up whenever I read them!



And do continue to follow my blog and twitter too for latest updates as I will tweet more than blog during exam periods. (^^);



That's it for now,

Bye~!

12 comments:

  1. hello!!
    I am trying this out since a week ago!
    It really works and you will eventually feel lighter too! :D
    if you don't like gooey stuffies try the kelloges 2 week challenge! its cereals and u can mix it with milk or milo or whatsoever that u like.
    it works too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with your oeatmeal diet, I used oatmeal with plain yoghurt as a natural homemade mask =)

    mm 'bout diet, it reminds me to a friend of mine. She was at around 80 kilograms 2 years ago. She decided to go through a strict diet and now she's only 53 kgs. tell me if u want to see her before after photo ^^ she might want to share it with u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bubbly- But being compared to oatmeals, I think oatmeals are more natural?



    Lina Kim ♥- Wow! That's a lot! What type of diet did she went through??

    ReplyDelete
  4. This works! Because you're adjusting your food pattern and eating regularly and controlled you don't have as much cravings and end up eating the whole bag of chips XD!

    Also perfect for summer I think, because in summer I tend eat less than in summer :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean you can do both at a time. Sometimes you might just get bored of oatmeals. I am one of those who get bored of oatmeals easily so by not giving up I have subs at times too! :D
    And yeah , oatmeals are more natural :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ❤ Moon ❤- I think so too! And it keeps me full too!



    bubbly- I haven't got bored of it yet... Especially when I get to mix fruits into it. (^^) I think honey is a nice combination too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hamcham- 1000-1200 is low, but oatmeal is very filling! I tried eating a bowl and I didn't get hungry after hours!

    My daily meals are as healthy already. Since I'm a Chinese and my mom pays much attention to a healthy diet. (^^)

    I'm just trying to drop a bit of weight to get rid of some tummy fats and fats on thighs... (-///-) Don't worry, I won't be aneroxic! Since I love food so much! \(^^)/

    Also, oatmeal helps with constipation. Which is a problem I have. (; ;)

    By the way, thanks for liking my blog~!!! (^w~)v

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also always eat oatmeal for breakfast~ ^_^ with a bit of sugar and cinnamon >D I'm also thinking about trying this diet out because I gained a bit of weight since I recovered from a long gastric flu >_< (had several snack attacks after refraining from eating for so long ;_;)
    Btw, thanks for your nice comment! ^_^ I didn't update my blog for very long, so I didn't see it until now ;_;'' and I really like your blog~ ♥ :3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anna- I wish you good luck! (^^)b

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there other ways to slim down? :/ I GAINED HEAPS OF WEIGHT ><|||| HELP ~~~~ T^T

    ReplyDelete
  11. she • αnα°- Hehe. Control is the key! :D I have another post on diet too...
    Here:
    http://myau-club.blogspot.com/2011/02/kibou-chans-2-months-diet-2.html
    Also, here is another one:
    http://tokyokawaiietc.com/archives/6654

    ReplyDelete